Monday, January 30, 2012

5 things you didn't know about me!

Okay, here we go!
#1
If you are ever in Wal-mart or happen to be standing by the desert racks in a Maverick, pick me up one of those Hostess Lemon Pies! It has to be Hostess. It has to be Lemon! (lemon was capitalized on purpose ;) fyi)
I have had these ever since I can remember! It first came from traveling with my dad and brother to L.A. on business. It was always my first pick for a meal! (Don't tell my mom...) I am positive I will never get sick of them!








Just looking at them makes me want one really bad...guess I will making a trip to the gas station in the near future! (When I say "near" I mean probably tomorrow)


#2
I am such a fan of horseracing. Yeah. A small town rural Utah girl. Haha, it first came from watching the Kentucky Derby with my Grandma, she would sometimes even tape it for me so I could watch the tape over and over! No I don't bet on the horses (if I did I would be rich! ;) haha) and I enjoy following it. I'm not like most people around here that feel bad for the horses...they like to run! Going to the Kentucky Derby is definitely on my bucket list! Or any racetrack for that matter!
#3
Since this August I have been drawing and experimenting with pastels. I had a drawing class Spring Semester of 2011 and we just kind of played with all the different mediums and practiced a lot of measuring we didn't ever draw anything. So after that class over the summer I played with a couple simple fast drawings with white charcoal and didn't really care for them but everyone else seemed to really like them. My grandma gave me a set of pastels and I honestly didn't know what I was going to do with them but I wanted to say I tried and so I did! I ended up really loving it! I have done it ever since! Here are some of the things I have done! It is a learning process and I haven't ever worked with color or really done anything with detail. I haven't really done anything before.
This is the first one I did, I DID NOT do this from memory! I looked off one on the computer. I wanted to still do something I was comfortable with but really incorporate the color. Why not start off with a bang right?


These are some studies I did also. Yes they are all horses haha






They look a lot better in person haha, These all took me about 2 hours each.
These were some of the white charcoal ones I did also...The horses took me 15-20 minutes and the truck took me an hour.












So there you go! That's pretty much most of everything I have done! I'm trying to venture away from horses but that is really all I want to draw right now! Haha
  
#4
I am still a tomboy but there are somethings I like that completely disguise that! haha for example I own and use this all the time! I love playing with all the different colors its very fun =)





























#5
I never was into television really, I just grew up with the disney movies but now there are some things that I love to watch!
My favorite TV show is Bones. I love it and think its very fascinating and funny!


I love Taylor Swift (don't laugh at me!) I really do think her voice, lyrics, and music are unique. I feel that I can relate to her as a person and her music. She is a very good role model and I like what she stands for. This is my favorite song at the moment!
http://youtu.be/92isX62fv1g



During my weekdays I am very busy with constant school work and studying I take a break around 3 o'clock and it just so happens that the Ellen Degeneres Show is on! (I totally didn't do that on purpose!) Lots of people don't like her I guess but I just can't get over how funny she is! It really lightens up my day when ever I have time to watch it! Not a lot of the things on the TV make me laugh out loud but this show always does!!! Here is a clip of Ellen's Scares, (it has some beeps but its not her fault!....sortof....haha don't judge =) Every break needs to have some laughter!)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C9oYwheDY4Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this and look forward to stalking you more! I am also secretly in love with the Ellen Degeneres Show... I stay up way to late on many nights just watching clips of the show on YouTube. It makes me want to get cable T.V. again! =P

    ReplyDelete